Treating post traumatic stress disorders with KEG Cards (Keys to Emotional Growth)
This workshop integrates individual and group work via KEG Cards (Keys to Emotional Growth) involving working with Traumas in order to help create a more positive community by helping the individual:
1. Become aware of his/her early traumas, inner needs & emotions (feelings)
2. Become aware of his/her cognitions related to Traumas & to create redecisions (thoughts & statements)
3. Become aware of his/her reactions & behaviours and be able to change them (behaviours)
The aim of this workshop is to give the participants the opportunity to use KEG cards to narrate the story of a traumatic event in such a way that the discussion will help them reduce the SUDs (Subjective Unit of Distress) connected to the Trauma and to experience a better understanding of the Trauma and its effects. The participants will be able to use KEG cards effectively with their own clients and their Traumas. KEG Cards help the individual be in touch with his/her subconscious and unconscious needs & desires, and help bring his/her needs to the forefront.
In this workshop participants will look at deep unconscious needs that are the result of Traumas that could pull people together or apart. These needs are the result of their results of early and late Traumas. The participant will be able to effectively use KEG Cards & Techniques from the workshop in his/her professional counselling work.
Keywords : KEG Cards (Keys to Emotional Growth), Trauma, PTSD, SUDs (Subjective Unit of Distress), VOC (Validity of Concept), Size of pictures, narrative therapy, redecision therapy, positioning of pictures, boundaries, extension of boundaries, Original art work for therapy, projections, Art therapy, transactional analysis (TA).
We can each one of us work at our own happiness, success and burnout prevention: If we work at developing our internal parts such as emotional parts and cognitive parts and do not focus on the external parts, we become winners.
It is so true that if we work at self-actualization together with activities that have significance for us, we will achieve happiness and satisfaction in life, no matter what life brings to us.
Dr. Eleanor Avinor (PhD, MSc, MA), psychotherapist in hospital in the psychiatric unit and in a private clinic. Working with individuals, families, couples and groups using CBT, NLP, Gestalt therapy, redecision therapy, energy psychology, guided imagery and short term focused therapy. Developed KEG Cards (Keys to Emotional Growth) as an additional therapy and counselling tool.
Joanne Silman (M.E, B.Sc.) studied ME in System Engineering, BSc in computer science & studied life & management coaching. Joanne participated in developing KEG Cards (Keys to Emotional Growth) as an additional therapy and counselling tool.
- Avinor, E. & Silman, J. (2013). A Case Study of Alzheimer Patient: brain plasticity & functioning preservation of lifeline via KEG cards (keys to emotional growth) In Proceedings of the Jerusalem International Conference on Neuroplasticity & Cognitive Flexibility, pages 83-88.
- Casstevens, w. et al. (2013). Group Work with KEG cards: keys to emotional growth. In Group Work: An International Conversation Highlighting Diversity in Practice by Gregory J. Tully, Jean Bacon and Georgianna Dolan-Reilly pp. 133-143.
- EABCT 2015 Jerusalem, CBT: a road to Hope & Compassion for people in conflict. Workshop on CBT, Conflict Resolution and KEG Cards (Keys to Emotional Growth) Eleanor Avinor, Joanne Silman
- 2015 EAP Greece june – Gender Identity via KEG CARDS
- SerbiaMay 2015 – Creating a better community. Helping the individual, couple & family make ReDecisions & adaptive changes to achieve Emotional Growth via KEG cards (Keys to Emotional Growth
- 2015 feb NYU – KEG – Theory and Applications
- EAC 2014 conference in Malta, European Association for Cohnselling; KEG Cards opens the window on Emotional Growth
- Using KEG Cards (Keys to Emotional Growth) in Counselling to create a life-long learner
- World Congress of Psychiatry, Madrid, 2014
Changing Dysfunctional Beliefs to Functional Beliefs: An Integrative Positive Approach Two Case Studies: implementing TA (transactional analysis), Redecision therapy, CBT and KEG Therapy Card Interventions
- Two day seminar course conducted by: Dr.Eleanor Avinor (PhD, MSc, MA). Joanne Silman (M.E, B.Sc.) November 2014 KEG Cards- Keys To Emotional Growth Seminar – Hand in Hand Malta
- 2014 World TA conference in San Francisco – TA NOW
Workshop conducted by: Dr.Eleanor Avinor (PhD, MSc, MA). Joanne Silman (M.E, B.Sc.)
- SEPI 2014 – Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration. Montreal, Canada, April 10-13, 2014 Psychotherapy Integration in the Trenches: How Psychotherapy Integration is Put into Practice. An Integrative Therapy Model Interweaving CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy), Transactional Analysis, Redecision Therapy, Gestalt and KEG therapy cards (Keys to Emotional Growth); Eleanor Avinor, Bnai Zion Hospital; Joanne Silman, KEG Cards
- 10th International Conference on Practice Teachingand Field Education in Health and Social Work – Connections
- Glasgow, April 7th – 8th 2014. Building the bridge to motivated practice-based learning via an integrative positive learning model using KEG Coaching and Therapy cards (Keys to Emotional Growth) Eleanor Avinor, Psychotherapist in hospital and retired University Teacher, Bnai Zion Hospital and University of Haifa and Joanne Silman; ME; CEO, KEG Cards (Keys to Emotional Growth)
- 7th The European Association for Integrative Psychotherapy, October 11-13, 2013
and The Institute for Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling, Ljubljana
- Neural Plasticity and Cognitive Modifiability Jerusalem, June 2-5 , 2013 A case study of Alzheimer patient and KEG Cards: Brain Plasticity and Functioning – preservation of lifeline via KEG Cards
- Seminar in Greece 2013 – Trauma and KEG Cards